PRICE IS OFTEN ONE OF THE MAIN FACTORS IN ANY PROJECT WE ARE ASKED TO PERFORM.
The following is the cost / price to paint a door, the process to paint a door and other factors that could increase or decrease the cost of painting the door.
The door painting includes one side of the door and the edge of the door that is visible to the room you are standing in when the door is open
The Process:(this is for a door that is already in place, mounted on hinges)
- Protect area under door.
- remove lockset.
- wash down door
- light sand door and wipe clean
- apply one coat of quality latex paint to door.
- light sand door a second time and wipe clean
- apply second coat of quality latex paint.
- remount lockset
- clean up
Factors that could increase or decrease cost of the door painting process:
possible additional cost added:
- deep imperfections or scratches
- multiple locksets needing to be removed
- un-primed doors as this will add another coat of paint to the process.
- extremely dirty surfaces.
- the need to remove the door
- finish required ie: spraying vs brush and roll
- colour choice ie: darker colours may take more than two coats of paint
possible decrease in cost to paint a door:
- multiple doors, quantity sometimes factors into less time due to repetitive processes can reduce time needed
- new doors in empty environment when spray application is possible (new construction)
- one coat application only needed.
The cost of painting a door:
$ 45.00 Six panel door previously painted:
$ 160.00 15 light single french door:
$ 35.00 Flat slab door
$ 120.00 double louver attached door (often found in laundry closets or large closets)
$ 95.00 Exit door with window 6 panel on top
* The above all do not include the finish paint.